We are Liigu, a platform for smart mobility services. We offer contactless car rental through our App and Website. You can book a car either from our Website or from our App but to use a Liigu car, you need our App.
Liigu (we, us, our) – Liigu OÜ, international mobility service platform provider with the registered address Lai 11, Tartu, 51005, Estonia.
User (you, your) – the person using Liigu App, Website and/or Services.
Website – Liigu website available at liigu.me.
App – Liigu mobility application available for Android and iOS devices.
Services – mobility services offered by Liigu, including but not limited to car rental and car-sharing.
Liigu car – any car that is rented on the Liigu platform.
Account – a user account on the Liigu platform that enables the User to search, book and use Liigu services.
What information do we collect?
When you use our Website, App or Liigu car, we collect the following information:
Account data that you provide when creating or updating your Account in the App or making a booking on the Website. This information can include your full name, age, birthday, email address, phone and WhatsApp number, home address, residence country and profile photo.
Identity verification and background check data that you provide for identity verification in the App and that we may collect about you from third parties. This may include information such as photos of your travel documents and driving licence, a photo of yourself and data from public registers.
User data that you provide when you contact our support or give feedback. This may include emails, messages, photos, call recordings, ratings and your email address, phone and WhatsApp number.
Transaction information related to the use of our Services, such as your booking number, rental information (car category, pick-up and drop-off time, extras/inclusions) and invoices.
Location data, such as your location while using the Website or App.
Usage data on how you interact with the Website and App. This includes, for example, usage date and time, viewed pages, used features (such as buttons and links clicked/tapped), crashes and other system activity, and screen recordings of sessions.
Device data about the devices used to access the Website or App, such as hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, and preferred languages.
Rental vehicle data, such as the Liigu car’s location, speed, distances travelled and fuel level. The location data collected from the Liigu car during the rental may be linked to your Account to the extent permitted by law.
How do we use your information?
We collect and use data to offer a reliable, convenient and accessible mobility service. We use the collected data:
- to provide, maintain, and improve our Services
- to verify your identity and your right to drive a vehicle
- to process payments
- for customer support
- for marketing
- to directly communicate information related to your rental
- for legal proceedings and requirements
We also use this information to compile a broad profile of visitors who use the Website or App. Please note that all information is aggregated, therefore no identifiable individual or company information is shared in this case.
We will only disclose data in a way compatible with the purposes for which it was obtained. We may share the data we collect with:
Service Providers who are essential to our Service. They are responsible for making sure that Liigu cars are available to our Users at the agreed times at the agreed locations. This information includes, for example, your booking number, booking date, pick-up and drop-off time and location, selected vehicle, flight number, extras and your full name.
Third-party service providers who help us with the following services:
- Managing rentals, customer information, and vehicles and connecting Service Providers and us. This is an essential service to what we do. Without it, we would not be able to offer you our service and support.
- Data storage and security service. All your personal and booking data is stored in our secure online database. Your personal data may also be stored in documents, such as email correspondence with our agents and other records held within our secure network. The database and networks are hosted securely through servers provided by a third-party service provider.
- Payment services. We use third parties to process payments, handle chargebacks or provide billing collection data.
- Identity verification services. We may use third-party services to verify your identity and right to drive a vehicle. We do this to abide by the laws of the countries we operate in.
- Marketing services. We share your personal information with our marketing advisers, including your email address, to send you customised advertising. For sending out newsletters and customised advertisements, we use a marketing platform service. You can unsubscribe from our marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in those emails.
Third-party software service providers who help us:
- Keep the Website and the App updated to Google-powered features, such as Google Maps (Google Play Services).
- Analyse User activity and through that improve the Website and the App (Firebase Analytics and Firebase Crashlytics).
- Understand the potential flaws on the Website and in the App that could lead to an unsatisfactory user experience (screen recording software). In the App, you can disable it in screen recordings under More > Settings > Experience recording.
- Analyse User activities to make customised offers based on their previous preferences, such as chosen rental locations and car make and model.
In some specific circumstances, we may need to share your data, if this is required by law enforcement officials or legal entities.
All service providers are required to adequately safeguard your data.
We do not rent, sell or share your personal information with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you have requested.
Cookies and third-party technologies
- keeping you signed in
- remembering your preferences and settings
- analysing site traffic and trends
- understanding how you interact with our Services to find places that need improving
Types of cookies we use
Preference – We use these cookies to recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences, such as your favoured language and location. These cookies include a mix of first-party and third-party cookies.
Statistics – We use these cookies to measure how often you visit our Website and App and how you use it. We use this information to get a sense of how Users engage with the Website and the App to improve our Services and offer a better experience for you.
Marketing – We use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser and device, and your IP address. We sometimes share some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
Hyperlinks to third-party websites
The Website and App contain links to other sites, such as Messenger and WhatsApp. We are not responsible for the privacy policies adopted by these websites and applications.
Your data protection rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every User is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data from us.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you think that your data protection rights might have been breached, please contact us, and we will help you find a solution. You also have the right to address the data protection officials of your residence country. The data protection authorities of the EEA states can be found here.